We are delighted by the news that we are able to undertake open homes and private inspections for properties on the market.
As we are now at Alert Level 2 we want to assure you of the Safe Practice Guidelines that we will be operating under in respect to open homes and private viewings of our vendor’s properties should they agree for these to be undertaken.
As you may be aware, the way that we show properties has changed due to COVID-19, and the Safe Practice guidelines that we will be using to allow open homes and private viewings to occur, with the permission of our vendor’s, are outlined below. Our priority is to ensure that sellers and buyers feel confident they are safe during the period that they work with us.
The following guidelines are non-negotiable and in place to ensure we can provide a safe viewing environment for everyone involved.
Alert Level 2 Property Viewing Guidelines: Information For Property Owners
- Registration and contact details of every single person who attends a private viewing is required for contact tracing purposes
- If anyone exhibits symptoms of flu, we will respectfully enquire as to the nature of their illness in relation to any overseas travel/potential exposure to COVID-19 and on behalf of the vendor and with their express permission; we may refuse entry.
- We encourage all viewings to be contactless and encourage all attendees to sanitise their hands upon entry to the property
- We will keep the number of people inside the home to a minimum at any one time, and encourage viewings by appointment
- Shoes will be removed prior to entry
- Viewings cannot take place at properties where a person living at has been, in the 14 days prior to the viewing, unwell, are self-isolating or have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and we would expect you to advise us in this situation
- If a property is tenanted, the consent of the tenant is required to hold an open home or private viewing
- Vacant properties will be treated the same as if the property is occupied
- If possible client/tenant/occupants should leave the premises while viewing takes place
- We will discuss with you how best to safely hold property viewings, considering the size and characteristics of your property, bearing in mind the need for physical distancing (2 metres) to be maintained at all times
We will be in contact with our vendor’s prior to scheduling any viewings of their property. If you are a vendor and have any questions or concerns please contact your listing agent directly.